Great news regarding ALL MOUNTAIN racing across the globe..
- UCI have announced that they will be introducing a new series in 2013 called UCI Gravity Endurance, which will combine the physical endurance of cross country riding with the technical difficulty and excitement of downhill riding. Read the Article from UCI
- MTBA have also spiced things up for their 2011/2012 National Series by splitting it into 2, i.e. ‘All Mountain’ and ‘Downhill’. The ‘All Mountain’ series will see a new category called Super D, a downhill cross country event. Read the Article from MTBA
- Rocky Trail Entertainment, the official event coordinator for the 2011 NSW/ACT State Downhill Series and many successful cross country events, will soon be releasing their All Mountain series called Rollercoaster scheduled for 2012.
- The CCOMTB mountain bike club in Ourimbah (NSW) is holding their very first All Mountain Race, sponsored by us Deubel Bicycles, on 6th November and working hard to incorporate their downhill and cross country course for this very exciting event. Read the Article from CCOMTB. So come along and give the race ago. Register on the day for only $30 which includes shuttle bus service for the whole day to the top of the track from 8:00am for 12:00noon start.
For 20 years now, ALL MOUNTAIN has been a popular event starting in the 1990’s with Megavalanche in Europe, a crazy imaginative combination of downhill riding skills and cross country physical strength on a 40km track. A race that requires an ALL MOUNTAIN bike which performs well in both rocky fast descends and steep technical uphills.
Mechanical Engineer and serious competitor, Sebastien Deubel, has been involved for many years into the European mountain bike environment in both downhill and cross country, including achievement of 1st place in Expert Category at Megavalanche in 1998, and has exclusively dedicated the last 3 years designing the 2UP to be a leading contender specific for these types of conditions.
To recap, the Deubel 2UP has acclaimed to date:
- 2nd Place overall in the 2011 RedAss NSW/ACT State Downhill Series (Expert Category ).
- 2nd Place overall in the 2011 Shimano Cross Country 4hr Grand Prix (Mixed Elite Category).
The exciting news is, the 2UP will be joining in on this world class adventure ride by racing across the nation. So join us on our journey into the world of ALL MOUNTAIN bike riding by following the Deubel racing team...
6 Nov 2011 AM Ourimbah, NSW – CCOMTB / Deubel Bicycles All Mountain Race
10-11 Dec 2011 DH Thredbo, NSW - 'National Series' Gravity Cup
21-22 Jan 2012 DH Mount Buller, VIC - 'National Series' All Mountain Cup & Gravity Cup
4-5 Feb 2012 DH Mount Stromlo, ACT - 'National Series' Gravity Cup
11-12 Feb 2012 AM Mount Stromlo, ACT - 'National Series' All Mountain Cup
3-4 Mar 2012 DH Awaba, NSW - 'National Series' All Mountain Cup & Gravity Cup
18 Mar 2012 AM Location TBC - Rocky Trail Rollercoaster
21 Apr 2012 XC Awaba, NSW - Shimano Grand Prix Round 1
17 Jun 2012 AM Location TBC - Rocky Trail Rollercoaster
23-24 Jun 2012 DH Del Rio, NSW – RedAss Downhill State ACT/NSW Round 1
7 Jul 2012 XC Mt Annan, NSW - Shimano Grand Prix Round 2
21-22 Jul 2012 DH Location TBC – RedAss Downhill State ACT/NSW Round 2
18-19 Aug 2012 DH Location TBC – RedAss Downhill State ACT/NSW Round 3
1 Sep 2012 XC Mount Stromo, ACT - Shimano Grand Prix Round 2
15-16 Sep 2012 DH Location TBC – RedAss Downhill State ACT/NSW Round 4
29 Sep 2012 XC Location TBC - Shimano Grand Prix Round 4
6-7 Oct 2012 DH Ourimbah, NSW – RedAss Downhill State ACT/NSW Championships
17-18 Nov 2012 DH Thredbo, NSW – RedAss Downhill State ACT/NSW Round 5